Friday, July 19, 2024

Friday Again

 Oh how the weeks go far too fast. I remember being a kid and each day seemed to go on like forever. Especially during school. 

We are just coming to the end of another thunderstorm. Will the rain ever stop? I do feel for Toronto, they certainly have a mess to clean up.

I did a large grocery stock up on Wednesday. The prices were reasonable. My freezer is now stocked and I will not need any frozen food for months. Produce was okay though being the last day of sales lots of blank spots. 



My fridge is small. It suits though.

I did manage to walk 11.5km (5.5 miles). That made my day. Daughter managed to get some Saskatoons. Saskatoons are a Canadian thing growing in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. They are sweet, the size of a blueberry, juicy but has a drier taste. In my opinion they beat blueberries by a mile. Maybe that is because they are a wild plant. There are not many commercial Saskatoon farms around. We did get money back on our strawberries and managed to get 12 jars of jam. Not sure how many jars my SIL got. Daughter may go pick more Saskatoons today. I hope so, 5 quarts is not much. I will call about raspberries today. After that the cucumbers and beans will be next. 

Have a doctor appointment today. I hate it when there is such a shortage of doctors and yet out doctor insists on seeing each of her patients every three months. If she would only see us once a year for a good checkup then she could take on many more patients who have no doctor. As is, I am sure, there are doctor shortages around the world.

Guess that’s it for now.

Blessings

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Help

 I am posting the following for a friend. We grew up together and having had members of my family have kidney problems, this is close to my ...