Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Mid June

We are now past the mid June point and yes it is still raining. I have been able to sit out only a few times this spring. Looks like it is going to be a cool summer, just as it was last year. Sigh

SWMBO has come over a few times. I think she is bored. She is use to go go go. 

Oakley is now walking every four hours. It is getting to be our routine. Nice. We do one big walk per day. If the weather is rally nice we do two. He is house trained, but still has the odd accident. This should stop soon. He gets his man parts removed on Monday. I still need to find a decent groomer soon. Maybe I will make that tomorrow’s job. He has about outgrown his harness. I was going to buy one but heck, I have the old one for a pattern to use to make it bigger and the closures can be made bigger with what I have. Yay for being frugal.

I don’t think I realized just how much my oldest son (the golfer) is like his dad. We had a brief conversation about it and realized we are over the top happy to have had him as a father. It has been 13 years and we all still miss G every day.

On the home front, I took out all vegetables then sliced and diced. I have the peels for a pot of broth. I have a few meals for stir fry, roasted vegetables and diced up to add to eggs. Pleased with that. Tomorrow I will make apples into apple sauce. I am not a big fan of apple sauce, but it is good to have some on hand. 

I need to go to the city but am putting it off until my neighbour gets their car back. It was to be a three day fix. Then was told not till today. Now they are unsure when. I want my car to be here for them to use to pick up groceries, get their vehicle, emergencies and what ever. I have enough puppy food till Friday. At that time if the neighbours still need my car, I will get SWMBO to pick me up some.

Today we had big doings in town. People saw these two guys walking along looking into cars. Our local looky see group updated us and we updated them. The police came barreling into town. Two cars were stationed outside three school that are next to each other and one car was stationed outside the high school. There were no lockdowns just a visible precaution. It turns out these two fellows have recently moved here from South America. They have employment in the city and usually someone picks them up for work. Turns out today was their day off and they are trying to get acclimatized to this area, so they walk. What a waste of resources, but better to be safe than sorry.

Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Help

 I am posting the following for a friend. We grew up together and having had members of my family have kidney problems, this is close to my ...