Friday, June 28, 2024

End Of June

Oakley was neutered last Monday so my days have been filled with walking him slowly, not being able to play catch and waiting for the meds to wear off. He certainly walked like a “drunken sailor”. So funny. He is also on antibiotics to make sure everything heals well.

SWMBO and The Grad had to make sure he is okay. I cannot get a thing done for them calling, coming over and meeting me at the vets when Oakley came home. I must be popular as each phone call lasted over 1/2 hour.

The boys were over last weekend so naturally I put them to work. We got the balcony cleaned off. So much dirt and dust blows in when it is windy. Then they laid carpet out there for me. I still need a couple more but for now it is nice and clean.

More rain this week. Almost every day. The days it didn’t rain we spent it outside lounging in the sun.

Tomorrow is a family grad party. We are. BBQing chicken and burgers. There will also be salads. Easy peasy. From here on in, the summer should be slower.

My great niece has left for Boston from Calgary. She has been in the female hockey showcase the past couple of years. At this one, scout from various colleges, universities and women’s hockey teams will be there. I hope all that are there play well. She goes into high school this fall and yes all this other stuff goes on as well. Her grades are awesome. So proud of her.

Grandson 3 has finished league play for baseball. It is now playoffs. I hope they do well. He is one heck of a pitcher. The games he hasn’t pitched have been losses for his team. Yes even at a young age they have to rest the main pitchers arm. 

I got a good deal on some fabric at a garage sale. Looking forward to seeing how I use it.

Blessings

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Help

 I am posting the following for a friend. We grew up together and having had members of my family have kidney problems, this is close to my ...