Third week of January

 January 15

Temperature: - 32C windchill -36C Feels balmy today.

Had an early morning Dr. appointment, then home to help move. Well, they were done with this part of the move and were just leaving to get the rest out of storage. 

Sat and thought about where to start. Decided to start with GD room. Gave it a good “spring clean” then moved stuff in. 

Was pooped so left the rest. Watched a bit of tv. Went for a walk.

January 16

Temperature: -17 C

Continued on with the moving and filling bags with unneeded, unwanted stuff. Cleaned the fish tank. Hermie was happy. Stiff from yesterday so not much done.

January 17

Temperature: -16.9 C 

Back to moving things around, getting rid of things. Still rather stiff.  Brought in some of the Christmas decorations from outside. Got off as much snow as I could outside. The rest will melt off inside. Moved my bedroom around to the way it was.

Wiped water up from the decorations. Started making them smaller.

January 18

Today my middle brother would have been 91. He passed away at the age of 80.

Finished folding the Christmas tree  down and storing it away. Put more Christmas decorations away. Did a load of dishes and the collapsed to read.

January 19

Finally got the rest of the garbage out. Put the dishes away. Talked to DD. She is of work for a few weeks to get  her health back in order. Son1 will be coming later to pick up an extra night table. Will be nice to see him and DD.

DD had a visit from DD2 and DD3 yesterday. They had time to kill between funerals so they came from another province to visit. These are a couple who adopted my husband and I as parents a long time ago. We felt very privileged to become parents. Bonus is we got 2 more darling grandchildren. I missed the visit as in my quest to get my house spring cleaned, I missed phone call inviting me to Thermea Spa. Rats!

DD came to pick up the last of Son1s items. We had a good visit. 

January 20

Saturday. Not much going on today. Had a rest day. Tried to go for a walk, but the wind just ripped through my clothing. All of us in my building were commenting just how biting the wind is. Mad a short trip to the store.

Watched Netflix in the evening.

January 21

Temperature: -9C

On this day in 1967, my dad was killed in a head on car crash. I thought my life was over. In my family we didn’t cry, so I didn’t. 

Much warmer today and a lot less wind

This Week’s Accomplishments 

* Spring cleaned one bedroom

* Put most Christmas Decorations away…just a couple of things outside to do

* Vacuumed whole house

* Cleaned up plant stand. Yup I managed to knock one plant over

* Ate from the fridge/Freezer

* Had a wonderful visit with DD

* was able to bless my son and family with items for their new place


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NO MORE WINTER!

Man

That’s Much Better