January First Week

Temperature: -1.4 C

New Years Day found only a few here. GD and BF left to go to a brunch. Son1 left to take GS2 back home to moms. Quiet day and a good day to get rid of Christmas. After which I bummed around knitting and watching Netflix.

January 2nd

Temperature: 0.4 C

GD stayed in her room all day. Getting organized for their move. I cleaned up, did laundry and bummed around. 

January 3rd

Temperature: -4.4 C

Great day. Went out a bit - just because I can. D, GD and I went out for brunch. After, we went shopping. It was a rather enjoyable relaxing day. The girls took off together after. I came home to plan my 2024 temperature blanket. 

January 4th

Temperature: -6.8

Coldish today, but, wind blowing a Holley. Worked on my budget. Not good from last year. Budget was smashed beyond repair. This year I am determined to do better. GD asked if I was ready to go. What??? She had an appointment to get her lashes done. Another day, another trip.

January 5th

Temperature: -4C

Better today. Worked on my budget. Was reminded that boys coming today, need to give supper. GD working again. Back to the city through freezing rain. Much later it turned to snow. We had a left over pizza for supper. Went to bed early. GS2 was left to his own devises till GD and BF got home. 

January 6th

Temperature -6 C

Son1 and GS2 left to golf at Son1’s course. The simulator is set up for the winter. From there they went to Cabellas to spend some bucks. GD and BF stayed here till late afternoon. From what I see they did very little packing, however, they did take out some items. I notice they retrieved all the boxes we took to recycling at Christmas lol. Still getting over a cold. Off to bed early. Son and GS2 watched movies in the evening.

January 7th

Temperature -15 C, sunny

A bit more snow this morning. We now enter winter that is usually very cold. With El Niño we shall see. Son1 and DS2 left early. Though it is Sunday, he. Has to be at the course to teach. In between GS2 will practice until Aunty arrives. He and Aunty will hang out for the day. Will be interesting to hear about their day. GS2 will be dropped back at the course for dad to drive him back to Carmen where he lives with mom. Youngest GS did not want to come this weekend as from now on till the end of February he has hockey games both Saturday and Sunday. GS3 wanted to go ice fishing. Last weekend he caught 15 fish. All but the limit were released. Once back in the city Son1 will go visit his girlfriend. At 10:00pm he will pick up GD from her second job. Tomorrow we get back into routine. I am excited that they move next Monday. I have enjoyed having them here, but, it is time they were on their own. I baked 3 chicken breasts. One will made into chicken Alfredo. The other two will be made into something else. 

I talked to Son2. He started trading this week to become a millwright.He has lots of homework so DIL left to give him space. He has been out of school for over 25 years.

Blessing

 Jean

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NO MORE WINTER!

Man

That’s Much Better